- It reduces exposure to toxic chemicals.
- It improves indoor air quality.
- It reduces chemical consumption and the amount of cleaning products needed.
According to the EPA, getting rid of dust, allergens and infectious agents are VITAL to maintaining a healthful indoor environment.
Some commercial cleaning products are hazardous and can present several health and environmental concerns.
I have a simple solution to clean windows and mirrors, if you ignore you can be missing out on having a more healthful home.
Green and Clean: Here’s Super Simple Solution for Cleaning Windows and Mirrors for Pennies
1. Combine equal parts of white wine vinegar and water.
2. Put inside of a plastic container. You can also use a spray bottle.
3. Dip part of the newspaper in the solution and start wiping the mirror. The newspaper will both wash and dry.
4. Once you have wiped the whole mirror from left to right. Start to wipe it with the dry part of the newspaper. You can use a separate newspaper if it makes it easier. It’s that simple.
Discovered this method after becoming a a part of a cleaning challenge. I charted my projects and progress here.
Day 7 I took a day off.
Day 9 How to Clean Picture Windows on the Cheap
If you like this post, please share it. That’s a fair trade, right?
“I like your blog. I especially like this latest one on how you use your receipt on your fridge. Brilliant!”-Sylvia Martinez of SMartinez Media, former Editor-in-Chief at Latina Magazine