There might be affiliate links in this post. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. Read my disclosure policy here.
I like to comparison shop to save money. In the past, before the internet, that meant trudging from store to store trying to find the best deal. If you had the patience of a saint, you could try calling stores and hope you got connected to a person who could help you.
Now, with online shopping, it’s much easier to compare prices from around the world. Thanks to tools like Google’s shopping search we can check prices on an item in seconds.
But what if you’re not ready to push that “buy it now” button today? How can you easily keep track of where the best deal can be found from your search? What if you find a site that isn’t listed in Google’s shopping results? An easy answer is Pinterest.
Here’s How to Save Money with Pinterest….
- Log into Pinterest (click here to create an account).
- If you don’t already have the “Pin It” button installed on your browser’s bookmark bar, click here to install it.
- Find a website with the product you’re interested in (Google is a good place to start).
- Go to the product page of the item you’re interested in comparing.
- Click ‘Pin it’ in your bookmarks bar (see step 2).
- Choose the image of the product you’d like to save.
- Assign the image to a Pinterest board or create a new one.
- Type important information in the description box.
After you create a few pins from different websites, you will have an easy to reference, visual comparison shopping list.
This process could be done with almost anything you can find online, but it doesn’t have to be limited to online retailers. If you’re shopping around town, you can take a picture of a product you find and pin it to Pinterest. Put all of the important information in the description box. With a smart phone and the Pinterest app, this is very easy.
The winter holidays are fast approaching, use Pinterest to help you save some cash.