Find Bay Area Places to Visit & Save Money for Travel w/ Lisa Thompson of Coupons.com
Crafting a San Francisco bucket list? Or just looking for Bay Area places to visit? In the session of the Everyday Bucket List Podcast, I chat w/ Lisa Thompson of Coupons.com. She’s got you covered w/ ideas for interesting restaurants including Ayesha Curry’s restaurant (Steph Curry’s wife) & exciting things to do at a variety of price points. Also, get the scoop on ways to save for travel & great tips for cutting costs. Listen in on her life changing bucket list idea & her own personal journey to solo travel.
Some of the resources below have affiliate links. If you purchase something through a link, I would make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I’m happy to welcome Lisa Thompson to the Everyday Bucket List Podcast!
Lisa Thompson of Coupons.com
Lisa Thompson is a seasoned writer, savvy shopper and lover of deals – especially on designer handbags and kitchen gadgets she’ll never use. She has been a Savings Expert at Coupons.com since 2011, helping consumers learn how to save money after spending several years as a paper coupon-toting mom of four (who could recite every free kids’ meal within in a 50-mile radius). She’s been educating consumers and savvy shoppers for over 10 years. Her superpowers: Finding travel deals and saving on foods that make it look like you cooked when you really just meal-prepped.
What You’ll Learn About Places to Visit in the Bay Area
- Find popular as well as unique places to visit in the Bay Area including wineries, outdoor things to do as well and more
- Get ideas for where to go for a long vacation, weekend getaway, day trip or find something today.
- Discover different types of cuisine as well as scenic places in the Bay Area
- Also, Lisa let’s us in on modern ways to coupon, shares a variety of ideas to save for travel as well as how to make travel affordable
Resources for Bay Area Places to Visit
- Tadich Grill San Francisco – Hear the story behind how one of their best dished was created
- International Smoke. This is Ayesha Curry’s restaurant in San Francisco with Michael Mina
- Boudin San Francisco Sourdough (clam chowder in a bread bowl)
- Googleplex is Google’s headquarters. Located near San Jose. It also includes a public park.
- Go for a wine tasting at the Napa Valley Wineries or other places Lisa mentions on the show.
- The Golden Gate Bridge is a must-see!
Lisa recommends The Ritz Carlton in San Francisco for a bougie experience.
Here’s a list of other hotels to choose from as well.
Some of Lisa’s Everyday Favorites
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert – One of her favorite movies was based on this book.
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Also, check out The Everyday Bucket List Book if you want to get serious about a travel bucket list or other types of unique bucket list ideas that you can do in everyday life. The worksheets and the Now and Later Rule™ help you prioritize and connect the dots financially.
Connect with Karen on Twitter